Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

I have a leak at the bottom passenger side of my radiator.

Customer Question

I have a leak at the bottom passenger side of my radiator. Is there anyway I can identify where it's coming from and how to fix it? These are some photos was able to take before
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some context;
I've been trying to rebuild my car after it suffered a minor frontal accident, which involved the replacement of the radiator and AC condensor.
The front and back side of the radiator don't seem to be leaking any fluid, so the leak seems to be strictly coming from whatever is at the bottom left side of the radiator itself.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

The radiator only has three connections that can leak coolant- the upper radiator hose (on the top of the passenger side of the radiator), the lower radiator hose (at the bottom of the driver side of the radiator) and the bleed hose (at the top of the radiator on the driver side).

I would check those three connections for leakage and correct as necessary. If there are no leaks from the hoses, then the radiator is the only other option.

Let me know if you have any other questions. When you're all set, please select a rating for my service at the top right of your screen to allow me to be credited for helping. Thanks!

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I see you have viewed the information. Did you have any other questions?