Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a 1999 v70 wagon. It's at 191,000. I've had a lot of

Customer Question

I have a 1999 v70 wagon. It's at 191,000. I've had a lot of work done on it: new timing belt, ETS, catalytic converter, brakes, and on and on. Recently the ABS light starting coming on. I got one sensor fixed but now it still comes on. A sears mechanic who put on new tires and did an alignment told me it has a worn rack and pinion and a camber is missing in one of the front wheels. After spending so much on it this past year, I'm wondering if it's worth fixing. I'm concerned the ABS will be a big problem. And I'm wondering if it's safe to drive if the alignment cannot be fully done properly. Please advise.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

For me to tell you whether the vehicle is worth fixing or not, I would have to know what the vehiclle's overall condition is as well as what it represents to you. Sometimes we develop a kind of sentimental attachment to our cars that cannot be given a monetary value.

Having said that, according to Kelley Blue Book (KBB), a '99 V70 wagon such as yours, with as many miles and in good condition, is worth between $500 and $1000. If I were you, I would get an estimate on what it would take to get your your vehicle to what KBB calls a "good condition" (click here to get an idea - once on the KBB page, you can click on the other tabs to see the different values), then look at what similar vehicles are selling for in your market. That way you can make a more informed decision.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Best Regards.

Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply.

Best Regards.