AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have a 2007 S40 with 2.4i engine. Catalytic converter made

Customer Question

I have a 2007 S40 with 2.4i engine. Catalytic converter made a head gasket blow out. I changed the gaskets and o-rings. Put everything back together and I have a number 2 cylinder misfire. Put in new plugs a new coil pack and visually checked the wires on coil pack and the enjectors. When I pulled the head off, I stood it on its end and 3 lifters fell out. Could I have mixed them up and would that cause a misfire? Or when the three timing marks are lined up one of the cams is just a little off. If I go to the other tooth it is worse. This is the closest that I can get all three.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Did you have the cylinder head inspected before reassembly? If your timing chain was off you would have more than one misfire.