Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 Volvo xc90- some of my electrical components just

Customer Question

2007 Volvo xc90- some of my electrical components just stopped working. Turn signal, windshield washer, and the rear window wiper stays on intermident mode. I checked the fuses related to them in the manual and they seemed good.
I did attempt a trailer harness wire with the compression clips recently, only two wires- that didn't work so I removed the wires and left the clips on. They are not touching any other wires. Help! and thank you
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

So far it is looking like a faulty multifunction switch. Do you understand wire diagrams and electrical testing?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Chris- I do as a layman- I have a tester

Below are the wire diagrams.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07volvoextlights.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07volvowiper.pdf

Couple more questions, do you have access to a diagnostic tool so we can monitor the inputs and outputs to the CEM module? If you unplug the mutifunction switch do the rear wipers stop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No access- I took the fuse out to stop the wiper. Talked with Volvo service today- said turn signals and wipers are on separate module- do you think so? They want about $250 to replace signal module, but without seeing car, who knows?

Both do have the CEM module in common but we are stuck at needing to do some tests with a scan tool before doing electrical tests. Nothing should be replaced without testing. You can see all the modules involved form the prior diagrams.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Moose- from your advice it looks like it's beyond me without testing equipment. At least I can bring it in better informed.

Your welcome and thanks for rating my response and leaving feedback.

I hate that you spent money to get your question answered, though left not pleased with my help. I am still here available to help. We can start over from the beginning or where we left off.

Thanks Chris