Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

Myspeedometer odometr, gas gauge, temp gauge not working

Customer Question

myspeedometer odometr, gas gauge, temp gauge not working
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealer technician. So nothing in the instrument panel works, correct? Did you replace it with a used one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replace with a use one and does not work ether. Maybe it is a electrical problem.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have your original one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have the original one
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

The cluster is programmed to the car, they are not plug and play. Your best bet to repair this issue for the lowest cost is to have your original cluster rebuilt. Click here for information on this service.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Otherwise, a new cluster needs to be purchased and programmed, which can run about $1500 US

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I am unable to accept phone calls at this time. There is also an additional fee. This problem can be solved without it, saving you the additional fee.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Please select a rating for my service at the top right of your screen so that I may be credited for helping. Rating does not close the question or change the amount charged. It simply allows a portion to be credited to me rather than the website keeping it all. Thank you.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I see you have viewed the information but not selected a rating. Did you have any other questions?