Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have the same problem but it is intermittent. I stop the

Customer Question

I have the same problem but it is intermittent. I stop the engine & restart & its ok. until the next day or later. No Pattern
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I can see you are referring to an old post you read, though we can not see that post. Can you go into more detail on your cars issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a year ago the "Power system failure " Batt Light & Red Triangle Light went on. Alt was not charging. Local repair shop R&R alt.Incl. new regulator. Worked fine - no lights. Next day during a short trip warning lights all came back on. Charging OK 13.9. Stop engine- restart every thing OK Charge rate - 14.2.. Happens all the time , Sometimes backing out of the driveway , some times 10 mi down the road. No pattern. Dealer has no answer except new Alt $2000.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes I can go days with no warning lights sometimes two or more time per day.

Are there any trouble codes storing?

The symptoms so far are pointing to a charging system issue but we need to be able to rule the alternator out. It is near impossible to be testing the voltage at the time of this warning without the use a scan tool that can capture freeze frame data at the time it occurs. Do you have that ability, we need to see if the voltage gets out of the 13-15 volt range when this warning happens.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reread my story I got those charge rate results multiple times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wait , don't call me I sense that I know more about the subject than you do.

I will leave the post open so another can call if they choose. I do not diagnose car concerns over the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand. So I will be refunded the $13 charge ?

I can not do refunds, I do not work for the website. I just answer questions. You asked for someone to call you, so I assume that means you no longer wanted me to help you in this format.