Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I recently had my abs scanned and was given these codes

Customer Question

I recently had my abs scanned and was given these codes 221,113,211,121 but I have no idea what parts I need to purchase. I was told I need a VSS but also told that 850 doesn't have a VSS. Can you figure out what parts I need by these codes.
ABS LIGHT AND SRS LIGHT IS ON
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently had my abs scanned and was given these codes Cl 221, Cl113, Cl211, Cl121 but I have no idea what parts I need to purchase. I was told I need a VSS but also told that 850 doesn't have a VSS. Can you figure out what parts I need by these codes. ABS LIGHT AND SRS LIGHT IS ON
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with the left hand wheel speed sensor or sensor wiring itself causing this issue here and not an issue with a VSS.I would have the speed sensor itself checked as well as the wiring to it to see if any issues are found and if a fault is found it will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have anything to say about the codes i sent you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was already told to replace the left wheel sensor but anything on the codes?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I looked into the codes on this and from what I can gather most seems related to this left hand wheel speed sensor.I would see if there are any issues with the wiring to the sensor and if the wiring is all o.k I would replace the sensor and clear out the codes then re check the operation to see if any new codes set at all.

Thanks Pete