Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

S40 T5 Volvo '06 turbo bought new 6 speed, now 110k miles

Customer Question

Hi S40 T5 Volvo '06 turbo bought new 6 speed, now 110k miles ....clutch slipping. Wife drives 6 miles to work. was there a common problem and or did my wife's driving such a short distance likely cause this. Could there be dirt in the master cylinder preventing full engagement? thx
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The clutch hydraulic system is rarely ever to blame for slipping since its manually used in the pressure state where as its pushing on the pressure plate to disable the clutch. The shirt distance has no bearing though driving style plays a giant role in clutch wear, also engine oil or transmission oil leaks into the bell housing can cause this. Next step is removing the transmission to check the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)