Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Rear center console DVD player not powering on....need to

Customer Question

Rear center console DVD player not powering on....need to test wires coming from the module, xc90
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I believe your asking for the wire diagram, if so the file for it is below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05XC90DVD.pdf

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see the rating selection on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let me try to make things a bit more clear:

-Bought car and dvd wasn't working. Did some readings and found that 3 fuses are involved. fuse behind the dvd player, checked it and was good but no power. Fuse in rear trunk passenger side, one was blown, and fuse on rear trunk driver side spot#4 and there was none there.

-Changed the blown fuse and inserted a fuse on the empty slide on rear passenger.

-changed battery on remote. was able to power the monitors in headrest.

-Center console dvd unit had few buttons that were lit green. couldn't get anything else to play, tried to insert a cd in the unit but it didn't make any attempts to take the cd.

-moved the wires behind the dvd player unit few times and lost all power, no more lit monitors or dvd unit, checked fuses again and all were good, still no power behind dvd player. took console apart.

there is a black box which the dvd player harness connects to, had only one positive coming out among all wires. took the harness out and removed the cable from the black box, now there is no juice from any of the wires.

-i did this because many on forums say that the harness is bad and needs changing, but there is no power coming from this black box.

-digged on ebay and found that they are sold along with another module:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-OEM-Visteon-Modules-for-2005-XC90-Rear-Entertainment-DVD-System-/191640041242?hash=item2c9ea2f71a&vxp=mtr

-am trying to find out whether this module is bad or am i missing fuse anywhere else. puzzled to why i was able to power the unit and headrests and not anymore.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

also am not seeing a dvd player or a dvd player module connections in the wiring diagram

Since my wire diagrams do not appear to match, per your review, then its best I opt out and let another help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok