Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Thanks. fuel pump wont come on. Used quick start spray in

Customer Question

hi thanks. fuel pump wont come on. Used quick start spray in throttle to confirm fire at plugs; switched w relay w known good one-still no whirring or sart at pump. Bridged slot 87 and 15 in relay connections-nothing. Used circuit tester on slot 87 and it lit-so there's power to the relay connector slots; final ceck used rcircuit tester on leads to red and black lines that go into the pump itself. With ignition at II position, no light in the circuit tester. Seems it may be a circuit connection problem between relay and final connection to the wires going into the pump itself. any ideas would be appreciated.
Jim
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** are 2 relays for this, a MAIN fuel systm relay, and the fuel pump relay, where is the relay you were checking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for response. The relay I dealt with I'd in the fuse box area under the hood on the driver's side. Is the second one behind the glove box on the pssenger side? I noticed there are two blue identically numbered relays there, again thanks for your help jim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

TELL ME THE COLOR OF THE WIRES ON EACH OF THOSE RELAYS, SO i CAN IDENTIFY IT,TIM

Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Different expert here.

Do you still need help with this issue?