Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Battery not charging and drains when everything is turned

Customer Question

battery not charging and drains when everything is turned off
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused on what specifically I can do to help you. Can you clarify whether you're just seeking a professional opinion (basically an educated guess) on what could be wrong, or are you looking for technical guidance on how to diagnose and repair the issue yourself - might need access to tools such as a multimeter, test lamp, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's really happening is that my tail lights-turn lights and park lights blink at the same time on the left side only and the brake lights don't work. The front left is the same- park light and turn lights blink at the same time. What do you think it could be????? The other issue I mentioned has been resolved.
Appreciate your opinion.
Thanks ,

That certainly sounds like the parking lights and turn signal circuits are shorted together. To diagnose this kind of issue, it is necessary to disconnect and trace the individual circuits with an Ohmmeter. Please let me know if you'd like me to help you with that.

Best Regards.