Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

I have a Volvo S60 where the brake pedal started ssing last

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Volvo S60 where the brake pedal started hissing last week.
I'm not sure how serious this is.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to help with your question today. Hissing coming from the brake pedal area is an indication of a vacuum leak from the brake booster. If severe enough, this can cause a loss of power brake assist, which would result in a hard pedal when braking. The brake booster would need to be replaced to correct the problem.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

A new booster from Volvo is expensive, at around $640 for the part. Labor is 3.2 hours to replace

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions. When you get a chance, please select a rating for my service at the top right of your screen so that I may be credited. You can always follow up at any time. Thank you!

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I see you have had a chance to review the information but have not responded back needing any other assistance, but the question remains open. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, please select a rating for my service so that I may be credited. Rating does not change the amount charged. It simply allows a small portion to be credited to me for my time. Thank you.