Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

Fuelpump replacement on 05 70series wagon with 205 how to

Customer Question

fuelpump replacement on 05 70series wagon with 205 how to get back seat out been a tech for 40 + yrs.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. Removal of the back seat is easy to access the fuel pump access holes. The bottom cushion simply pulls up. Grasp it at the front edge and pull up. It clips in in two spots, one on the front edge of the passenger side and one on the front edge of the driver side. Then, the side cushion on the passenger side needs to be removed. Fold the passenger rear seat down and grasp the side cushion toward the top. Pull it out to disengage it and then pull up. Now, disconnect the connector at the base of the seatback, remove the bolt and remove the cushion. The pump is under the access cover on the passenger side, but both covers will need to be removed. Remove the level sender from the driver's side and tie something to the hoses for the pump. Pull the pump out from the passenger side. Tie the line to the new pump to help guide it through.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please select a rating for my service at the top right of your screen so I may be credited. You can always follow up at any time. Thank you!

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?