Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

CEM-DE11 / BCM-0100 error on VOLVO C30 T5 2009. module ECM

Customer Question

CEM-DE11 / BCM-0100 error on VOLVO C30 T5 2009. module ECM was tested and it's OK. also tested the wire from ECM to CEM , also the ground and power from ECM and its ok
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases on some models if the computers are not programmed/coded correctly you can get this loss of communication fault here.If any computers were replaced or possibly reprogrammed recently this needs checked to see if this is the cause here needing corrected.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, there was nothing programmed or coded recently, the car was working fine and stopped.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

With the CEM being o.k. and the wiring being o.k. as well it can be the ECM at fault with its communication system.I have see some test facilities test these and send them back o.k. but then find out later on that it was in fact at fault as some are not tested properly.If the ECM was found to be at fault by a dealer I trust them over a repair facility when it comes to testing out computers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, what you said I've already know. the module OK is the the ECM not the CEM, volvo said that ECM was with problem and I tested the ECM module and it's ok.
I have all the wiring diagrams, it's all tested properly. I just want to talk with another expert. thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize my answer didn't help with what you are looking for here.I will open your question up for others to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete