Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I was wondering the brake bleeding sequence volvo wagon 940

Customer Question

I was wondering the brake bleeding sequence for 1994 volvo wagon 940 non turbo
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

its best to start with the corner farthest away from the master cylinder

so if your car is LHD ( which I'm assuming it is) then you've already bled it in the correct sequence

if you're still struggling to get a firm pedal then

I'd double check all the unions for tightness on all the joints.
Also I'd use a pressure bleeder such as Easibleed to push fluid through to each corner first then use the two person method below to bleed the brakes.

I favour having a clear hose from the nipple to a jar 1/2 full of old fluid and with the nipple closed your assistant pushes the pedal up and down a few times then holds it down then you crack open the nipple and close it again whilst fluid is still flowing.

Repeat this a few times on all calipers and start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder.

If you still have an issue then it could be a flexible brake line is ballooning under pressure, this can't always be seen from the outside so to test this use a hose clamp on each line in turn to close off then lines one at time . Push the pedal in between and see if you can feel any difference as each line is closed off.

if this doesn't help then its possible that you need to run the ABS pump to move any trapped air inside
the dealer method is to use the diagnostic tool to cycle the ABS during bleeding

however I've had good results buy just taking the car for short drive and stamping on the pedal at low speed to lock the brakes and trigger the ABS
and then re-bleed

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.