Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

1998 V70 volvo. I dont see ac drain dropping water under car

Customer Question

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, the ac drain tube is located dead center below the center of the dash behind the center console(see attached diagrams). You will need to remove the side trim panels as shown, then peel the carper back some and you will the tube and grommet going thru the floor board. Pull it out of the floor board and clear it of debris using compressed air. Some people use a coathanger to clear it, but you have to be very careful as the ac evaporator is just above it and you can poke a hole in it if not careful

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks