Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

My 2010 S80 will not start....all lights and codes coming

Customer Question

My 2010 S80 will not start....all lights and codes coming up.
Brake Failure..DISC Temp Off ....SRS Air Bag Urgent service required...etc.
Any ideas?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If all of these lights warnings are displaying at once along with a no start then I would first suspect a communication issue. All modules communication over a wired network. If the instrument cluster isn't able to communicate with a module then it's respective warning/light will come on. If you're seeing multiple warnings at one time then you either have a loss of power or ground to many modules or you have a communication issue. Assuming the battery is ok then I suspect lack of communication. A loss of communication could be an internal failure in a module or short to power or ground on the bus circuits. The first thing tat would need to be done is use a scan tool to see if modules communicate or not, and then electrical testing would need to be done from there to determine what is causing the lack of communication.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried a jump start?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Low battery voltage can cause all of those warning messages. If the car starts with a jump, have the battery replaced. Make sure the negative cable is not corroded and replace it as well if it is.