Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2010 Volvo XC60 will not start. I insert my bob and push

Customer Question

My 2010 Volvo XC60 will not start. I insert my bob and push start button - nothing. All idiot lights are lit up on the dash. Nothing from engine. I also cannot eject the bob! So the car is sitting in garage with the bob in and dash lit up - using the battery.
Help!
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Hopefully you got it resolved, but if not, we need to check the battery voltage. A weak battery can cause this. If battery is below 11v, need to charge it.
If good, this could be an interlock solenoid fault. Try disconnect the negative cable for 10 minutes and then reconnect and see if it will start or at least allow the fob to come out