internal88
internal88, Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

I OWN Volvo S80 D5 2008, and it was ok today. When I got in

Customer Question

I OWN Volvo S80 D5 2008, and it was ok today. When I got in my car tonight it was hard steering and message was saying charge failiure. I drove it to Volvo service but I would like to know what could it be.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon Volvo tech.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

There are few possibilities - 1. The belt tensioner is bad no longer holding the belt tight. 2. The drive belt snapped off 3. the pulley came loose or broken.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Many times it is the idler pulley and tensioner bearing that are bad and need replacement.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

The drive also drive the power steering therefore you felt hard on the steering.

Let me know if you have further question. Please rate me positive for the prompt service, Thank yoU!