Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I'm not sure I need the help just yet. I'm just trying

Customer Question

Hi! I'm not sure I need the help just yet. I'm just trying research a problem with an 08 S40 that won't start. I'm not with the car I'm out of town. Before the car lost all power I pulled the codes. The problem it has that it won't start and the key wouldn't come out of it. It has battery power but makes no sound no click or anything when the key is turned it has a triangle/ (!) in the middle of it. When it stopped all kinda of information was flashing on info. Screen on dash. I got a U0001 code.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
The U0001 code is a CAN C error, which is the controller area network. This can be from a failed control module, short/open in the CAN wiring, or lost memory in the control module.
You will need a high end scan tool for diagnostic testing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I'll get back with you on Friday when I am back with the car. I do have a high end scanner and Mitchell on demand that will help with the walk through of this problem.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, sounds good and will talk with you on Friday