Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

2001 xc70, I've been trying to remove left front axle to

Customer Question

2001 xc70, I've been trying to remove left front axle to frustration! ended up pulling cv out of housing at transmission. any tips on getting other half out of transmission?
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I'm not getting an answer in the next five min cancel request and refund my money!
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am trying to get back with you withing your time frame. I'm sending over a picture of the tool that we use at my shop.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Here is the tool we use. It works very well.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

If you don't have access to this tool then the only other way is to get a prybar between the subframe and the cv axle and pry out towards the wheel area.

Here is the tool that volvo uses.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry if I didn't meet your 5 minute deadline. I only just now saw the question.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or your experience please let me know and I will opt out of the question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
opt out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i ended up getting it out without your help. please refund
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I'll opt out. I'm sorry I couldn't get to you faster. The question doesn't indicate a time deadline until after you opt in to answer it.

We don't handle refunds or payments at the mechanic level, we simply receive pay from just answer if the customer accepts our answers.

You will have to contact customer service.