Derek Werner
Derek Werner, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced Level Specialist, Volvo Master Technician
61695331

I have a 2012 Volvo S60 T5. Was working just fine, until I

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Volvo S60 T5. Was working just fine, until I tried to start it a few minutes ago. The ignition won't turn over, and the dash computer says it needs power steering maintenance? I checked the Power steering fluid, which is full. I have had no troubles with the power steering since I have owned the car. Help!
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

The newer model Volvo's are very sensitive to low battery voltage, and most new car.

Disconnect the battery cables for a min of 1h and charge the battery.

After re connecting the battery and this does not help, a scan tool will be needed to read the fault codes stored in the vehicle.

Thanks

William

Hello!

I have not heard back from you in a few days. I only strive for excellent service, please feel free to ask with any other questions you have.

Please be aware that i will ask several questions to give you the best possible service that i can.

Thanks

William Werner