FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Clicking noise started today while driving my Volve CX90,

Customer Question

clicking noise started today while driving my Volve CX90, 2004. I dropped off at mechanic and initial response was that this may be a "terminal' engine problem and it may not be drivable. It's got less than 90,000 miles. Is this common for this model/year? I thought I could have relied on a volvo to go past 100,000 miles.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. If the vehicle is well taken care of then this engine should last a lot longer than this. Most of the time a clicking noise can result from an exhaust leak or it can be coming from one of the engine accessories. Any good shop should be able to take a closer look at the vehicle and pinpoint where the noise is coming from. It may not be as serious as they are saying. I would definitely get a second opinion if you do not plan on fixing this yourself.