Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

In my XC90 2012, my center seat in the 2nd row is folded

Customer Question

In my XC90 2012, my center seat in the 2nd row is folded down and will not fold back up. The seat belt will not retract and that is why the seat is not folding back up. I took it to the Volvo dealership and they said there is a little knob attached to the seatbelt and that came off and that I needed to replace the entire seatbelt. Any other suggestions?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the seat belt fails like this here since it is a safety device it cannot be tampered with and has to be replaced.It sounds like this is what has occurred here with your seat belt needing replaced to correct this fault here unfortunately.I don't recommend tampering with the seat belt due to it being a safety device and this can damage it permanently.You can see if you can locate a used one at a cheaper cost in some cases.

Thanks Pete