Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

GL starts fine runs untill u get to 1800 RMP the it misfires

Customer Question

GL starts fine runs untill u get to 1800 RMP the it misfires and never dies. i replace ICM and then Ecm nothing changed.?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a lack of fuel to the engine causing a lean running condition causing this misfire or an issue with a restriction in the exhaust components itself.If these have not been checked to see if any of these are the cause here this needs done and if a fault is found it will need repaired to correct this issue.A fuel pressure test needs checked when it acts up with a fuel pressure test gauge attached while acting up as well as an exhaust back pressure test done.

Thanks Pete