Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My 99 Volvo C70 top cover wont go down when the top is down

Customer Question

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this type of fault here can be caused by a fault with a micro switch/position sensor sending an incorrect signal that the top is down or that the top has reached a certain position to allow the cover to operate.I have seen these position sensor fail before causing issues like this here.The first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool to plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.The scan tool can also usually be used to monitor the sensor signals to see what sensor is reading incorrectly needing replaced.

Thanks Pete