Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Plenty of power parked and in gear, it takes off fine and in

Customer Question

plenty of power parked and in gear, it takes off fine and in 50 feet loses power. Also on the highway I can slowly gain speed, but anything half throttle or higher and it runs flat. Just like it was starved for fuel. Runs smooth though.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the siteuntil you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site andthe expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.