Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 1998 volvo v70 with no turn signal, cruise control,

Customer Question

I have a 1998 volvo v70 with no turn signal, cruise control, audio buttons on steering wheel, no high beams, wiper fluid button not working. Checked all fuses already, they are all ok. Not sure what to check next. Suggestions?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the steering column coil/contact behind the steering wheel,this transfers power and other signals from the turn signal switch,audio buttons on the steering wheel and all other components you have listed above.I would have this checked to see if this is the cause on your model here and replaced if found to be the fault.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I check it myself or must I take it in for them to check?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You would need to have the correct wiring diagrams to test this yourself as well as the proper test equipment so it is best to have this tested by someone that has the tools and info for the testing.

Thanks Pete