Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Wayne! I run a general repair shop, and we installed a new

Customer Question

Hi, Wayne! I run a general repair shop, and we installed a new A/C compressor on a 2004 XC90 and the A/C comes and goes. Mostly it blows around 50-55 F. The outside thermometer is usually off by 10 to 25 degrees. Will this reading affect A/C operation? We did send the car to a Swedish shop and they re-flashed the A/C system.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you havent been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
The ambient temperature sensor signal is used to cut off the compressor if temperature outside drops a certain amount. So if it is reading incorrectly, it will cut off the compressor. You need to replace the ambient temperature sensor.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks