Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

05 Volvo S40, door locks, dash lights, radio, randomly

Customer Question

05 Volvo S40, door locks, dash lights, radio, randomly turned off and on. Could jump start it a few times, now battery will not respond, car is completely dead, key is stuck in ignition and it won't shift out of park.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello sorry for the delay are you still needing assitance ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What? I have been charged 26.00 and waited 2 days and now you are asking me if I still need assistance instead of giving me an answer?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

I'm asking because it has been two days and I didn't want to waste your time , if you need help I am here to assist. If you do not need help I will absolutely refund your charges no worries ! Please I noticed no one was helping so I am here to assist , please don't be angry with me as I am attempting to help.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Your issue sounds like a failed ignition switch but I would need some more info and we may have to do a few checks. Again man , I am trying to help. Sorry no one has responded this far.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. It sounds like my question is going to be more than what can be handled over emails. It is my daughters car and I am not near it, so I won't be available to do any checks. I talked to Volvo dealer this morning and will take it there. Yes, can you please make sure that my fee is refunded. I would appreciate that greatly!!Thank you,Anne
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok Anne will do again my apologies. This question may have appeared to difficult , that could be why no one responded. I like to help so I was gonna take a shot at it. I'm gonna look and see if I can tell you the most probable cause based on related repairs just as a courtesy to you before I submit for your refund. I hope you give us another chance in the future ,Lou