Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

No voltage to low side recycle switch, checked fuses but

Customer Question

No voltage to low side recycle switch, checked fuses but cannot find suspected blown fuse for activation of ac clutch, ok if bypass switcj
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Just logged in and saw your question. Do you still need help with your A/C issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never got an answer but charged for it !!! Where is fuse or voltage to low side pressure switch coming from. No fuse in fuses located by ashtray !
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help, this is a fairly common problem on your model Volvo, the control head itself sends the power to the low side switch, you need to get a control head and try it next, it's not a fused circuit, as long as the control head lights up , then the wire to the low side switch that comes from the control panel should power up when you push the A/C button. Dealership will want astronomical amount for that part if it's even still available. Need to get it from salvage yard if you can find it or try ebay. I believe that will fix it. Let me know if you need anymore help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should not have to pay for this answer, already paid $17 for no answer
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

I told you the control panel is what is wrong with it. The control head that actually houses the A/C button. Did you see that answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw your answer and thought might be what is cause. My problem was last week or so never got an answer until today . I was already charged for no answer .
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

I understand, I just saw it tonight, I'm not sure what happened last week, but a control head should fix it. unless the wire from the A/C switch to the control head is broken somewhere in the harness. but I doubt that. If you give the compressor battery power at it starts cycling, then it's likely the control head . If you didn't care about appearances too much, wire you up a 12 volt toggle switch under the dash, and run a wire to the switch, when you want air turn on the toggle switch, that's what I would do if it was mine .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been trying to find a good 12 v switched under hood but no luck so far, compressor does kick in with battery and low side switch good, have located control at local salvage yard, just trying to get the friggin radio out. Thank you for your help you may charge me the $18, tom
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, best wishes, thank you and have a great week.