Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

THE CAR IS A 2007 VOLVO C-7 WITH ABOUT 100,000.MILES. THE

Customer Question

THE CAR IS A 2007 VOLVO C-7 WITH ABOUT 100,000.MILES. THE CAR IS IN GREAT SHAPE AND HAS HAD MAINTANCED ON SCHEDULE. THE IGNITION WILL NOT RECONIZE THE KEY 50% OF THE TIME. EVERYTIME YOU ARE IN A HURRY, IT WILL NOT START. MY WIFE HAS REFUSED TO DRIVE IT
ANYMORE. FROM YOUR WEBSITE, I SEE THAT IT COULD BE THE IGNITION RING, BUT I ALSO READ THAT THIS IS A BANDADE FIX FOR USUALLY A SHORT TIME. YOU ALSO MENTION A VOLVO DEALER COULD INSTALL A $300.00 ADDITIONAL PART, ALONG WITH A $60.00 RING, FOR $868.00 DOLLARS.........WHAT
A DEAL.....IS THIS A GUARANTEED FIX? WHAT IS A CHEAP FIX FOR A 16 YEAR OLD CAR? JACK
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
The cheapest fix would be to take it to an electrical specialist and have them bypass the immobilizer system. You will likely pay 2-3 hours labor for this