Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My 2001 volvo stars but shuts down after 1 minute the stop

Customer Question

My 2001 volvo stars but shuts down after 1 minute the stop warning light is on what could it be?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This light coming on is to indicate a fault has been detected with the engine or transmission electronics.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set can be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No too late I fixed the problem
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,Glad to hear it has been resolved.Once again I do apologize for the delay.If there is anything else I can assist with here let me know.
Thanks Pete