Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

A couple months ago the ac indicator lights started flashing

Customer Question

Hi Jim. I'm Chris. A couple months ago the ac indicator lights started flashing on my 2000 Volvo s40. Recently I was driving and the Ac started blowing same temp air that was outside instead of cold. It still does this on occasion but not often. Also recently I noticed the defrost doesn't work and when I try to use it, there is a fan that continues to blow when I turn the car off.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
What needs to be done here first is to have the fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.I suspect this is an actuator on the heater box or the control head itself on the dash at fault needing replaced as these can be common for faults like this here.
Thanks Pete