Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Have a Volvoyear. Temp gauge won't get off cold peg. To test

Customer Question

Have a Volvo(###) ###-####year. Temp gauge won't get off cold peg. To test gauge I removed wire from sensor went to ground with it and gauge went to hot position,so I assume the gauge is ok. Then I replaced the sensor in the block and the gauge still won't move off cold. What now? Jerry
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect the coolant sensor wiring to where it leads to for any broken or damaged wiring.If a fault is found with the wiring it will need to be corrected to resolve this issue.
Thanks Pete