Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a '98 V90 with right head lamp lens stone damage

Customer Question

I have a '98 V90 with right head lamp lens stone damage crack. I recently purchased a replacement lens ($50) as dealer would only replace whole headlamp group for some $700. Now i would like some advice on removing cracked lens and installing replacement lens. Thanks, tom
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

There is not a valve step to offer for this. Step one is to remove the headlight, can you do that? If so is the lens glued onto the headlamp housing?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris,
No. I do not know how to remove the headlight. Hopefully the lens can be replaced with the headlamp group remaining in place. I would like a step by step procedure with a diagram and CAUTIONS (like, "Be careful to do/not to do ___"). Thanks, Tom

I am sorry but Volvo does not have the steps your asking for only the steps to replace the headlight assembly, is that what you would like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send me instructions and diagram of step by step procedures to replace the headlight assembly. Thanks, tom

My website I use for these files to share has been down for maintenance since this morning. I will opt out in hopes another can get these directions to you sooner than I.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moose,
And just who might "another" who can get these directions to me be? Since I paid for help in doing this repair I would appreciate getting that help or your contacting "another" can help and having them contact me with the answer. Can you do that? Please call me at ****-****-*** and lets discuss.
Thanks, tom
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moose,
Did I miss your reply? Last exhange was that you were going to send me "the steps to replace the headlight assembly" but I've seen nothing so far??? Nor have I gotten a call.
Your thots?
Tom