Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

99 Volvo s70. It would start and idle 5 min. Then stall.

Customer Question

99 Volvo s70. It would start and idle for maybe 5 min. Then stall. Mostly it would start up. Others wait 3 min. I cleaned the Mac sensor and replaced the crank angle sensor. I thought it was ok. The I got a call it had stalled again and was towed. It will
start but my family is in another state and afraid to drive it.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Did you check for any fault codes?
do you have any warning lights or messages on dash?
did you try cleaning the throttle body?
it would stall even if the accelerator pedal is depressed, like when driving around?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It had a naf sensor falt code. I had that changed by my family. iam in Va. They are in Pa. The car stalled at the same place twice now. On a hill. When I was there it would at would stall at idle about every five min then restart. I cleaned the maf and changed the crank sensor. It seemed to make it better but still stalled. If it was going to stall it would catch itself and idle good again. They are t to afraid to drive code again. it would stall again. So cant check code Might it be a fuel control valve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't clean throttle body
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
I would start by cleaning the throttle body, as this is very likely to cause the same symptoms.
Get back to me with the results, so we proceed as needed.
Regards,
Billy