Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I had a ac new ac compressor put in my 2002 xc70 volvo

Customer Question

Hello my name is Steve
Friday i had a ac new ac compressor put in my 2002 xc70 volvo wagon . I drove it home and noticed that all of a sudden when i turn the steering wheel it makes a squekking noice did they miss something or damage something when they did the job the ac workd grear
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Is the noise coming from the steering column, if so then its not related to the repair done. In that case it could be the steering shaft boot at the firewall needing some spray lube or a faulty clock spring. If its coming from under the hood, then there is possibly some oil or the belt that needs to be cleaned off with spray brake cleaner.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris