Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Why would you get gas out of crankcase breather hose

Customer Question

why would you get gas out of crankcase breather hose
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I’m Juan and my goal is to help you solve your car issue.You don't specify the year, model or engine size of your Volvo, so all I can offer is a general explanation of how gasoline could come out of a crankcase breather hose:1- There should never be any raw gasoline in the crankcase. If there is, then check for injectors leaking or staying open after combustion.2- The crankcase ventilation system controls the flow of crankcase fumes into the intake manifold while preventing gases and flames from traveling in the opposite direction. If gas is traveling in the opposite direction, then check for a failed oil and flame trap.If you would like more specific details, please provide me with your Volvo's year, model and engine size, as well as if what you refer to as "gas out of crankcase breather hose" is actually liquid raw gasoline or not. Best Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was looking for ruckus mech kid Is getting fuel out breather crack case hose it's a 2015
If it is a MY 2015, then everything related to emissions should be covered by warranty. My advice is to call your local dealer and tell them about the problem - they might even tow the vehicle in free of charge to you. Best Regards.