Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo XC90 T6: 2004 xc90 hard to start at times it will crank

Customer Question

2004 xc90 hard to start at times it will crank on the first try. Turn it off and recant and it fires up. Doesn't do it all the time
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In allot of cases a fault like this here can be caused by an intermittent failure with the crank position sensor itself.If this has not been replaced or checked with a scan tool when it is acting up this should be done and replaced as needed.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been checked and doesn't seem to be the problem. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Was the fuel pump tested at all when the vehicle is acting up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it hasnt
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,if you can I would have the pump tested to see if this is the cause here.This will need tested when the vehicle is acting up.I have seen fuel pumps act up like this here before and cause this issue needing replaced.
Thanks Pete