Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo V50 2.4I: , I have a 2006 volvo v50 and the battery

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 volvo v50 and the battery died over the weekend and we replaced the battery as we thought that was the issue. My car still will not turn over, all the lights and radio fans work but the car wont start?? I have tried unlocking the doors and locking them but all I get when I turn the car on is a humming sound? Any help?
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a bit more, we tried to jump the car before we bought the new battery and that didnt work so we bought the new battery, the display did say something about the alarm but then it went off? Please help, need to get to work in the morning.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you hear a click or hum noise when trying to start the vehicle this may be an issue with the starter itself that may have failed needing replaced.I have seen this fail before and cause issues like this here.If you have not had this tested this should be done to see if this is the cause.
Thanks Pete