Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo S40 2.4I: ,I have a 2005 Volvo S40. I have a

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Volvo S40. I have a sound problem occuring under a specific set of criteria. If turn the radio on, all windows (including sunroof) closed, the sound it pretty good, maybe a blown speaker in back, but not bad. If I am parked, and open the windows, sound quality is the same. If i take off and drive, around 15 or 20 mph the speaker start to fuzz out, and now sounds like possibly all speakers are blown, ass well the volume decreases significantly. No its not the wind, any suggestions?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the sound amplifier itself.I have seen this amplifier fail on several models in the past before and had to replace it.I would have this checked/tested to see if this is the cause here for sure and replaced if found to be at fault.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, thank you for the response. When the amplifier is changed does it require reprogramming? I know volvo will charge me a diagnostic fee, then parts. I found a replacement part for $60, and am able to change it myself. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a software loading required for it to work.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
No programming is needed you can simply remove the old and plug in the new with the key off then it should work from there with no issues.
Thanks Pete