Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

When I changed the spark plugs on a 2006 volvo s40 2.4i, a

Customer Question

When I changed the spark plugs on a 2006 volvo s40 2.4i, a vacuum hose came off from the bottom of the upper intake manifold. It appears to be attached to a sensor. I would like to know what the sensor is.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
photo attached. Hose circled in red.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I am unable to see clearly in the picture provided at what the sensor is but this may be the MAP sensor as usually it has a vacuum line attached to it.I would see if you can locate the location this sensor is suppose to seat into.If there is a part number on this sensor post it here as this will help.
Thanks Pete