Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo C70: 2000 C70 with traction control, replaced ABS module,

Customer Question

2000 C70 with traction control, replaced ABS module, symptoms haven't changed...drives fine for 15-20 minutes, then it stumbles for a second, then minutes later the ABS and BRAKE lights will come on, then odo goes to -------, and the tach and speedometer flatline. It may run poorly off-idle, may not. I thought the ABS module would fix this, but it did not.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ignition switch acts flaky sometimes too...thinks the key is in the ignition when it has been removed, and occasionally it has to be wiggled to get the key in or out.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
I THINK YOU HAVE BAD THROTTLE SO CALLED ETM I WOULD REPLACE THAT BUT IF YOU ALSO USED A CHEAP ABS MODULE IT CAN CREATE ALL OTHER PROBLEM ALSO WHAT BRAND FROM WHO DID YOU BUY ABS MODULE HOW MUCH WAS IT