Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech- & Repair for 30 years.
1609972

Volvo 240 DL: I have a 89 Volvo 240 DL and the passenger window

Customer Question

I have a 89 Volvo 240 DL and the passenger window went dow but does not go up now ?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.IF ALL other windows work, then this is likely a Window Motor, Window Regulator or Wiring issue.You need to remove the Door Panel & test the "2" wires at the Window Motor with Key onUse of a VOM is needed to testThe way it works:Ignition OnSwitch held in Up positionOne wire will have 12 Volts +One wire will have Ground - Switch held in Down positionThe wire that had 12 Volts + is now Ground -The wire that was Ground - is now 12 Volts + If Voltage or Ground checks good at motor, replace motor.If Voltage or Ground does not check good:Check Switch Voltage & Ground.Check for broken wires at Door / Kick Panel Boot .IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..