Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo V70 X/C AWD: my 2001 volvocxV70 wagon wont start after

Customer Question

my 2001 volvocxV70 wagon wont start after being driven on hot humid days.
turns over but.. will restart after several hours of cooldown. does this sound like a vapor lock?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
This scenario fits a fuel pressure concern the most. A fuel pump when hot struggles to get spinning up to speed when the pump is worn. Can you duplicate this issue then try to restart, if it fails then immediately check the fuel pressure with the key on. If there is no pressure then we need to check the pump power and ground, if good then its the pump needing to be replaced. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris