Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Volvo S60 AWD: engine Systemrequired msg came on w/yellow triangle

Customer Question

engine Systemrequired msg came on w/yellow triangle light in center of my dash. I can't seem to find out how to find codes
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does it mean when my message comes in saying."Engine Systemrequired required" and yellow triangle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to locate the problem by using my read msg. But I can't access it. Need help
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin the engine system service light will come on if the vehicle ECU( computer that controls engine) picks up on a problem with the engine . Most problems are emissions related and won't cause any problems to drive if the car thinks the fault will cause damage to engine it will limit power output . The only way to read what is causing fault is by plugging car in using a diagnostic scanner this will give a fault code relating to where the car thinks the fault lies and will allow further testing of component to confirm fault