Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo XC90 2.5T: My question is two part. #1: My 2005 Volvo

Customer Question

My question is two part. #1: My 2005 Volvo XC90 2.5 turns on and runs but when I put it in drive and press the gas pedal, the car barely moves and then stalls out and shuts off. It will then proceed to turn back on but does the same thing. The engine light proceeds to tell me "Reduced Engine Performance". Any ideas as to what this might be? #2: Also when it decides to run, the engine shakes somewhat violently when idling. Whenever I come to a stop light it feels as though the engine is shaking in the engine bay and shakes the whole car slightly. It doesn't make any weird sounds, it just shakes. Any idea what that might be?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
I need those fail codes from your car system that will give me more idea what you can do