Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo XC90 V8: I have A 2007 xc90 v8 sport. 65k miles and av

Customer Question

I have A 2007 xc90 v8 sport. 65k miles and av is not very cold. Dealer installed new condenser and said the ac works correctly. I asked them if the radiator fan was working correctly. Always runs at one speed. I remember it speeding up to cool the car especially when I had the rear and front ac running??
Category: Volvo
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Did you check the cabin air filter?
is the engine overheating?
PS: the cooling fan will increase and decrease speed according to many factors (engine temp, radiator temp, a/c compressor on or off etc..) it is controlled by a small control module.
Can you put the temperature at the coolest, recirculated air, windows close, fan at lowest speed, and get the air temperature reading (at evaporator or from the center vent)?