Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo XC90: . I have a 2008 XC90 in perfect condition, never

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2008 XC90 in perfect condition, never had a problem. 60,000 miles. Last week I got a message that said the engine was running slow, but then it went away the next day. I took the car to get serviced and they id not find a problem.
I drove the car from the dealer after getting it serviced and now I am getting a message that says "Anti-skid service required" and then "anti-skid off". Dealer says they have to replace the contact reel and update the software. About $900. Issues are not related. Too much of a coincidence. Help. Should I get the part replaced?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
The anti skid light I would replace that contact rail and software do at same time those contxt rails fail and new are updated and will less very long time they not cheap but is something that you will have to do no other ways around it